- At this time, photos will be taken using cell phones. If you have a camera, you make take your pictures with it.
- Photo assignments will be completed out of school at this time.
- Research projects will include a PowerPoint presentation and written paper.
- There will be occasional class photo scavenger hunts.
- Students will peer edit and peer critique.
- Students will do occasional assignments on iCEV.
- Students will learn:
- History of photojournalism
- Parts of the camera
- Research project on the history of the camera
- Photo ethics
- Research project on photojournalists
- Composition of photos
- Windows Movie Maker
- Writing cutlines/captions
- Photography assignments (subject to change):
- Self portrait
- Light and shadow
- Photo essay
- School life
- Community service
- Still life
- Macro photography
Late work is 10 points off per day late.
Make-up work is accepted ONLY for excused absences. When absent, you must speak to me after class has started or e-mail me. Missed assignments will be on your class Schoology page. You will have as many days as you are absent to make up work.
Academic dishonesty will NOT be tolerated under any circumstances. Cheating, copying, or plagiarism of any form will result in the following consequences:
1. failure of the assignment
2. disciplinary referral
3. parent contact
I will be using Remindthis year as a means to communicate with students.
4th period - @4pjthorpe
7th period - @7pjthorpe