FBISD School Health Services program is dedicated to creating a culture of wellness that supports student success.
A Registered Nurse is assigned to each elementary and middle school campus while a Registered Nurse and Licensed Vocational Nurse are assigned to each high school campus. The school nurse assists students' physical, mental and social growth by providing a health services program that assesses, evaluates and improves the health of students and staff.
Please contact your school nurse regarding your student's health issues and concerns, hospitalizations and/or treatment changes.
Coronavirus: Please click on this link https://www.fortbendisd.com/Page/1238 to find Fort Bend ISD information regarding questions or concerns about Coronavirus. Remember to check your student's temperature at home prior to his/her attending school. A student must remain home if the temperature is 100.0 Fahrenheit or above without the use of fever reducing medications.
- All medications (prescription and non-prescription) must be furnished by the parent/guardian and appropriate medication administration forms must be completed by the parent/guardian.
- Medication will be delivered to the clinic by the parent/guardian in the original and properly labeled container and must be picked up by the parent/guardian or another adult which the parent/guardian can designate.
- The nurses will administer all medications in the clinic with the exception of students that are required by their physician to carry inhalers or epipens with them at all times. In those situations, the doctor must provide written orders to the school. Medication administration requests for greater than 15 school days must have the signature/directions of the physician.
- For prescription medications that are left at school, a second labeled container can be obtained from the pharmacy.
- When medication is discontinued, it must be picked up by the parent/guardian.