Sending Excuse Notes Via Email
- You do not need to send an excuse note via email and in person. Only one is needed.
- Emails are answered Monday-Friday 7AM-3PM.
-Include your students full name, grade, and student ID.
- Include an absence reason, valid reasons can be found under "Attendance Note."
Testing or Extracurricular Events and Field Trips
- Please allow up to 5 days for the attendance to be corrected before emailing attendance. The students may be counted as absent, but it will be updated once we confirm who attended the testing or extracurricular event.
All Day Absences
When a student misses one or more days of school for any reason he/she must provide an excuse note to the Attendance Office upon their return to school.
- The absence is excused only if a note stating a valid absence reason is received in the Attendance Office within five (5) days of the student’s return to school.
- If a note is not received within five (5) days the absence will be coded unexcused.
- Excuse notes must include Student’s full name, ID number, reason for absence, date(s) of absence, parent signature and parent contact information.
Please Note: Absences that are not excused by law, or not covered by extenuating circumstances, shall be designated as unexcused, even if the student has parental permission to be absent (Refer to FBISD Student Handbook) EX. Family vacation, family emergency (with no explanation), oversleeping, Missing the bus, etc.
** Please read our Attendance FAQs page for additional information. **
Arriving Late to School
- Students arriving to school after 7:30 will sign in with the Attendance Office to receive their tardy pass.
- Students arriving to school after 7:50 have missed half of 1st period and are considered absent for 1st period.
* Students arriving 20 minutes late to any class period throughout the day will be counted Late (equivalent to absent).*
Leaving School Early
Please note that our cut-off time to send for a student to be dismissed is 2:15pm.
Any student leaving school for any reason must be checked out at the Attendance Office or be dismissed by the Clinic if ill. Failure to do so will result in disciplinary action and the absence cannot be excused.
If the student needs to leave early, please notify the Attendance Office via email or by parent note dropped off in our office before 1st period. The student will be given a pass to come to the Attendance Office at the requested time.
*If your student is in athletics, please arrange to pick them up either before or after their athletic period, or send them with a note first thing in the morning so we can ensure we are able to get a pass to them to be signed out at the requested time. Students in athletic classes are usually outside, in the locker room or Field House which makes it difficult to locate them in a timely manner.
When you know in advance that you will need to be absent, it is to your educational advantage to talk to your teachers and arrange to get your assignments ahead of time. Notes for preplanned absences should be sent to the Assistant Principal at least three school days before the absences occur to determine if the absences will be excused.
General Fort Bend ISD Attendance Policies & Procedures
The general Fort Bend ISD attendance policies and procedures can be found in the Student/Parent Handbook beginning on page 10.
Mrs. Greta McCardleAlpha Split for Students/TeachersA-GDirect Phone: (281) 634-7001Direct Fax: (281) 634-7010AttendanceTHS@fortbendisd.comMrs. Bonnie (Yvonne) AcostaAlpha Split for Students/TeachersH-NDirect Phone: (281) 634-4232Direct Fax: (281) 634-4233AttendanceTHS@fortbendisd.comMrs. Lisa KlopfensteinAlpha Split for Students/TeachersO-ZDirect Phone: (281) 634-4432Direct Fax: (281) 327-4432