Our office is now paperless! Please email all attendance notes to email@example.com If you are submitting a doctor's note, please scan or take a picture of the note and email it to us.
If you receive a call/email that your child was marked absent in class and feel this was done in error, please have the student talk/email the teacher about changing the absence. If an error was made, the teacher will email a correction to the Attendance Office.
General Fort Bend ISD Attendance policies and procedures can be found in the FBISD Student/Parent Handbook.Welcome to the George Bush High School Attendance Office, located in the main hallway at the front of the school.
All Day Absences
When a student misses one or more days of school due to illness or personal reasons, he/she will upload or email an excuse note to the Attendance Office upon their return to school. Please provide a specific reason for absences. "Personal" or "Family Emergency" is not an excused absence and will be marked unexcused. Family emergencies must be explained in the note for the absence to be excused.
- The absence is excused only if a note is uploaded or emailed to the Attendance Office within five (5) days of the student’s return to school. If a note is not received within five (5) days, the absence will be coded unexcused.
- A student who has had surgery or been hospitalized should upload or email a physician-signed release to return to school. The form should contain any restrictions or limitation regarding the student’s physical functioning capacity while in attendance at school.
- Students out of school four (4) consecutive days must upload or email a doctor's note within 5 days of return to school or absence will be coded unexcused.
- If a student misses 20 minutes or more of a class, they are considered absent for that class.
Arriving Late to School
- Students will not be allowed to repeatedly interrupt 1st period class due to their late arrival to school. A student who is repeatedly tardy to period 1 may be subject to truancy consequences.
- Students arriving 20 minutes late to any class period throughout the day will be counted absent.
Leaving School Early
Students may leave school early for the following reasons:
No students may be picked up after 2:25 p.m. Parents should plan to arrive at BHS no later than 2:15 in order to sign out the student through the Front Office.
- Dental or doctor appointment
- A reason excused by any of the principals
If your student is in athletics, please plan to pick them up before or after the athletics period or send them with a note ahead of time so the coach can be alerted.
Students must adhere to the following procedures:
- The student must present his/her note to the Attendance Office prior to first period.
- Any student leaving school for any reason must check out at the attendance office or clinic if ill. Failure to do so will result in disciplinary action.
For your student's safety, parents/guardians picking up the student MUST be on that student's emergency contacts list.
When you know in advance that you will need to be absent, it is to your educational advantage to talk to your teachers and arrange to get your assignments ahead of time. Notes for preplanned absences should be sent to the Assistant Principal at least three school days before the absences occur to determine if the absences will be excused.
Please send all attendance emails to AttendanceBHS@fortbendisd.com.
Attendance ClerksMarisol Corona
Alpha Split A-I
Alpha Split J-R
Alpha Split S-Z
Drop Out Prevention & Recovery Case Worker