General Fort Bend ISD Attendance policies and procedures can be found in the FBISD Student/Parent Handbook.Welcome to the George Bush High School Attendance Office, located in the main hallway at the front of the school.
All Day AbsencesWhen a student misses one or more days of school due to illness or personal reasons, he/she will bring an excuse note to the Attendance Office upon their return to school. Please provide a specific reason for absences. "Personal" or "Family Emergency" is not an excused absence and will be marked unexcused. Family emergencies must be explained in the note for the absence to be excused.
1. The absence is excused only if a note is received in the Attendance Office within five (5) days of the student’s return to school. If a note is not received within five (5) days, the absence will be coded unexcused.
2. A student who has had surgery or been hospitalized should provide a physician-signed release to return to school. The form should contain any restrictions or limitation regarding the student’s physical functioning capacity while in attendance at school.3. Students out of school four (4) consecutive days must turn in doctor's note within 5 days of return to school or absence will be coded unexcused.4. If a student misses 20 minutes or more of a class, they are considered absent for that class.
Arriving Late to School1. Students arriving to school after 7:30 must report to the Attendance Office.
2. Students arriving to school after 7:50 have missed half of 1st period and are marked absent for period 1.
3. Students will not be allowed to repeatedly interrupt 1st period class due to their late arrival to school. A student who is repeatedly tardy to period 1 may be subject to truancy consequences.
4. Students arriving 20 minutes late to any class period throughout the day will be counted absent.
Leaving School EarlyStudents may leave school early for the following reasons:
· Dental or doctor appointment
· A reason excused by any of the principalsNo students may be picked up after 2:15 p.m. Parents should plan to arrive at BHS no later than 2:05 in order to sign in through the Front Office in time to arrive at the Attendance Office prior to the Attenance Office window closing at 2:15 p.m.
If your student is in athletics, please plan to pick them up before or after the athletics period or send them with a note ahead of time so the coach can be alerted.
Students must adhere to the following procedures:
· The student must present his/her note to the Attendance Office prior to first period.
· Any student leaving school for any reason must check out at the attendance office or clinic if ill. Failure to do so will result in disciplinary action.
For your student's safety, parents/guardians picking up the student MUST be on that student's emergency contacts list.
When you know in advance that you will need to be absent, it is to your educational advantage to talk to your teachers and arrange to get your assignments ahead of time. Notes for preplanned absences should be sent to the Assistant Principal at least three school days before the absences occur to determine if the absences will be excused.
Tammye SweetStudents A-I
Phone: (281) 634-0420
Phone: (281) 634-6105
Phone: (281) 634-1636
Email for All Attendance Notes and Questions
Drop Out Prevention & Recovery Case WorkerDaniela DennisDaniela.Dennis@fortbendisd.com
Phone: (281) 634-0671