African Student Association
The mission of African Student Association:
- Promote school enrichment through programs and events at GBHS (Voice of Culture, Pep rally, AVID carnival).
- Participate in community out-reach and service (Non-profit fundraiser, IFEST).
- Strive for an understanding of the dynamics of African societies, and to share our understanding with the student body and the broader community.
- Encourage cultural awareness and unify the diverse African student population (Annual ASA picnics that involves coordinating with other schools ).
The ASA meets every other Wednesday after school in room J122.
- Promote student leadership through collaborative interaction.