Bronco Wellness Coalition
Fort Bend ISD will graduate studetns who exhibit the attributes of the District's "Profile of a Graduate." (see below)
The FBISD Student Wellness Coalition exists to provide students a voice in identifying and prioritizing their own health and wellness needs. Together, they actively challenge their peers to improve and respect themselves by engaging in healthy life style choices that prepare themselves mentally, physically, and socially to pursue and attain futures beyond what they can imagine.
The Whole School, Whole Community, Whole Child (WSCC) Model is our framework for addressing health in schools. This student-centered approach emphasizes the role of the community in supporting the school and the importance of evidence-based policies and practices. We want students to be involved with the decision making leading to positive changes.
What is a School Student-led Wellness Coalition?
The SWC is made up of students who have a concern or a passion with the health and wellbeing of the staff and students on the campus, and ultimately in the surrounding community at large. The SWC members work togethe to address many aspects of the school environment including:
- Identification and prioritization of health concerns
- Assessing the school health and wellness environment
- Planning and leading health related projects
- Helping administrators develop and implement programs and policies to better serve the wellness needs of the campus
- Promoting evidence-based health information, and
- Developing/distributing educational wellness resources to create a flourishing wellness environment on campus
- Planning and leading community-based wellness projects (community service)
- Work to eliminate the stigma surrounding depression and anxiety
Throughout they year, the district chapters will be meeting virtually through Zoom with district leadership to start implementation of various health and wellness projects... so if you have a strong desire to make a positive impact, this is the place for you!
Profile of a Graduate
Ms. KeeneRoom N108