What are the STAAR End-Of-Course Exams?
STAAR stands for State of Texas Assessments of Academic Readiness. High school students mst take and pass certain required courses and the end-of-course exams for thos ecourses. The assessments are based on the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS), the state curriculum standards. The end-of-course exams are designed to ensure that students are learning the specific course material and are prepared to success in college and/or careers.
Who is required to take STAAR in High School?
Students enrolled in the following courses:
- English I
- English II
- Algebra I
- U.S. History
Will a student who received special education services take the STAAR?
The admission, review, and dismissal (ARD) committee for a student who received special education services will determine whether the student will take STAAR or STAAR Alternative.
What happens if a student completes the course but does not pass the STAAR EOC Exam?
If a student passes the course but does not pass the EOC exam, the student will take the test again.
*Special Education students will have an ARD to determine re-testing if applicable.
How can I assist my student in preparing for a STAAR assessment?
- Learn more about state assessments and find resources for your child by visiting the Texas Education Agency Texas Assessment webpage at: https://www.texasassessment.gov/families.html
- Practice Tests Login: https://login1.cambiumtds.com/student/V15/Pages/LoginShell.aspx?c=Texas_PT
- Find a Book Tool: https://www.texasassessment.gov/find-a-book.html
- STAAR Released Tests: https://tea.texas.gov/student-assessment/testing/staar/staar-released-test-questions
2021-2022 Testing Dates
- PSAT: October 13
- English I EOC Retest: December 7
- Algebra I EOC Retest: December 8
- English II EOC Retest: December 9
- Biology EOC Retest: December 10
- US History EOC Retest: December 10
- TELPAS/TELPAS Alt: February 22 – March 1
- SAT School Day: March 3
- STAAR Alt II: March 28 – April 29
- English I EOC: April 5
- English II EOC: April 7
- US History EOC: May 3
- Algebra I EOC: May 4
- Biology EOC: May 5
- English I EOC Retest: June 21
- Algebra I EOC Retest: June 22
- English II EOC Retest: June 23
- Biology EOC Retest: June 24
- US History EOC Retest: June 24
Need Extra Tutorial Help?
We believe that students are the BOSSes of their scholastic performances. BOSS stands for Broncos Owning Student Success. Each academic department provides teacher-lead tutorials for students strugglling in their classes, or who need to prepare for end-of-course exams.
Beyond high school, Khan Academcy provides free online tutorial videos in the areas of math, science, economics, finance, arts and humanities, computing, and college test prep assistance. They have been commissioned by College Board to provide SAT test prep resources. College bound students can download a full-length SAT practice test. Khan Academcy enables students, educators, and parents the opportunity to join for free!