WILLOWRIDGE HIGH SCHOOL
HOME OF THE EAGLES
Purpose: The purpose of the Marine Corps Junior Reserve Officers’ Training Corps program, commonly referred to as “Junior ROTC,” is to instill a value of citizenship, service to the United States, personal responsibility, and a sense of accomplishment. It does not seek any particular commitment to the military.
1. To Develop informed and responsible citizens.
2. To Develop leadership skills.
3. Strengthen character.
4. Promote an understanding of the basic elements and requirements for national security.
5. Help form habits of self-discipline.
6. Develop respect for, and an understanding of, the need for constituted authority in a democratic society.
7. To promote a principled sense of life that is dedicated to service to others.
1st Period – Conference, planning, logistics
2nd Period – Class LE I-IV
3rd Period – Class LE I-IV
4th Period – Class LE I-IV
5th Period- Conference, planning, logistics
6th Period – Class LE I-II
7th Period – Class LE I-IV
8th Period- Class LE I-IV
Mondays, Tuesdays- Academics
Wednesdays– quizzes, indoor PT, and/or Drill
Thursdays, Fridays – Uniform wear & Physical Fitness
After School Activities / Tutorial:
Mondays – Thursdays
1500-1700 (3:00-5:00 PM) – Special Teams Practices / Tutorials