“Seeing” your Counselor Online
What is confidentiality?
Confidentiality is keeping information discussed between the student and the school Counselor (or the parent and the Counselor) private.
Confidentiality is vital to the student-counselor relationship. Obviously, we cannot completely ensure confidentiality in an online setting, but we have to attempt to maintain it even when we meet virtually rather than face-to-face.
Are there times when the school counselor will break confidentiality?
Yes, there are certain instances when the school counselor is required to report confidential information, such as:
- When a student reports someone is hurting them
- When a student reports they are hurting someone else
- When a student reports they are hurting themselves
- With the student’s permission (often something that is uncomfortable for the student but useful for a parent or teacher to know)
YOUR WHS COUNSELORS ARE HERE TO HELP! CLICK ON THE REQUEST TO SEE YOUR COUNSELOR TO SCHEDULE A VISIT WITH YOUR COUNSELOR
Who Is Your Counselor?Trenise Duckens
Assigned to Last Names A-Gom
(281) 634-2463LaSheka AllenLead CounselorAssigned to Last Names Gon- Mlasheka.email@example.com
(281) 634-6643Joy Love
Assigned to Last Names N-Z(281) 634-2466Danielle AndersonCounselorAssigned to All P-tech students(281) 634-4057Antoinette AdamsCounselor's Clerk, Assigned to Last Names A-K(281) 634-2467VacantCounselor's Clerk, Assigned to Last Names J-Zcecilia.firstname.lastname@example.org(281) 634-1423
Monthly Counselor Newsletter
Each month, the counseling department sends out a newsletter titled the "Eagle Counselor Chronicles" to parents and students via email that contains upcoming events and other important information.
- September Newsletter for students and parents: https://www.smore.com/erb5f
- Needs Assessment Presentation https://www.wevideo.com/view/2827899363