SCHOOL DISTRICT AND COMMUNITY
Kempner High School is the one of 11 high schools in the Fort Bend Independent School District. Opened in 1988, Kempner serves a small portion of Houston, Meadows and Sugar Land. This community is located adjacent to southwest Houston with a varying socio-economic status.
- Seniors: 446, Juniors: 463, Sophomores: 518, Freshman: 542
- Faculty: 111– 43% have master’s degrees or beyond
- Schedule: Classes meet 50 minutes per day, maximum 7 periods per day, 5 days each week, 18 weeks per
- School Year: August 11, 2021 to May 26, 2022
- Accreditation: Southern Association of Secondary Schools and the Texas Education Agency
- Kempner provides a strong academic program with more than 200 possible course selections including an extensive vocational/technical
- Dual credit English, college algebra, psychology, speech, and college transitions are offered to students on campus during the regular school Students have the
opportunity to take additional dual credit courses at the community college on their own time during the school year.
- Twenty-three Advanced Placement courses are available in English, Calculus, Statistics,
Chemistry, Biology, Physics, Studio Art, U.S. History, Psychology, Government, Economics, Spanish, Environmental Science, and Computer Science.
- UIL-sponsored athletic programs for young men and women are offered in football, basketball, tennis, track, soccer, golf, swimming, volleyball, baseball, softball and
- Co-curricular programs include choir, band, orchestra, drill team, student government, service and academic clubs, athletics and Academic Decathlon and Destination
- Gifted and Talented programs are available in English, Math, Science and Social
- The honors program offers courses in English, Math, Science, Social Studies, World Languages, Art, and Career and Technical Education.
- Instruction is available for special needs through Special Education and Bilingual/ESOL