Kempner High School Attendance
General Fort Bend ISD Attendance policies and procedures can be found in the FBISD Student/Parent Handbook.
Use the Attendance Note to excuse absenses.
Please email your student’s attendance clerk or send a note within 5 school days of an absence regardless of reason. Notes must include: student’s name, grade, reason for absence, parent’s signature and contact number. If a parent fails to email or provide a note, absences will be coded as unexcused.
- Do not email/turn notes in to your student’s teacher(s).
- All absences are considered “unexcused” until the attendance clerk receives an explanation of the absence.
- It is not necessary to call the school when your student is absent.
- Students signing out through the clinic will be marked excused for any periods missed that day. However, if the student is absent any additional days, and email or note must be provided.
Medical (Doctor’s) Notes
- If your student attended school at any point during the day and brings a doctor’s note within 5 days from the date of absence, they can be coded as a medical absence.
- Students coming from a doctor or dental apt, regardless of the time must sign in at the Attendance Office with their Dr. note, otherwise it will be unexcused.
- Students absent for more than 5 consecutive days because of a personal illness must bring a statement from a doctor or health clinic clearing them to return to school.
Absences that are considered “excused” with parent note and/or documentation
- A medical or dental appointment
- Personal illness
- Death in immediate family
- Observing religious holy days (FBISD interfaith calendar)
- A court proceeding that the student is required to attendance or a meeting with the probation officer
- Immigration appointment
*Please Note: Family Vacations or personal visits scheduled during regular school days are not acceptable absences and will be counted as unexcused regardless of the number of days missed.
- Students signing in tardy (7:30-7:50) must sign in at the attendance office or tardy station.
- Students arriving at school after 7:50am will be marked as an unexcused absence.
- Students coming from a doctor or dental apt, regardless of the time, must sign in at the Attendance Office with their Dr. note, otherwise it will be unexcused.
Leaving School Early
- No student pickup after 2:25pm
- A parent/guardian must sign students out in the Attendance Office. Failure to sign out through the Attendance Office will result in an unexcused absence.
- All students, regardless of age, are not allowed to sign themselves out without written parent permission via email or written note with signature.
- If your student needs to sign themselves out, please notify the Attendance Office via email with the time of departure and reason at least one hour in advance to allow for sufficient time to sign your student out.
- Students will only be released to a person who is listed on their emergency card. Go to www.fortbendisd.com family access to verify who is on the list.
*Emailed notes must be from a verified parent email. We will not accept notes from student email accounts*
Degrees and Certifications:
Mrs. Jennifer Rosales- Attendance Clerk , Alpha Split A-L
Hello! My name is Jennifer Rosales and I am the Attendance Clerk for alpha A-L. I have been with Kempner since 2016 and I absolutely love it here. My husband Berrylee and I have 3 beautiful children Bevyn, Janae, and Jackson.
Degrees and Certifications:
Ms. Alline Grahmann-Attendance Clerk , Alpha Split M-Z
Hello! My name is Alline Grahmann and I am the Attendance Clerk for alpha M-Z. This is my 4th year at Kempner High School. I grew up in Sugar Land and I am a product of Fort Bend ISD. I have an AAS in Office Administration and love being able to work with the amazing staff at KHS. In my free time, I enjoy spending time with my family and friends, baking, reading, and hunting.