Suicide Warning Signs and Risk Factors
The most powerful suicide prevention is being aware of the common symptoms and signs in friends, children, and loved ones and taking the necessary steps to get them the help they need.
Information on suicide warning signs and risk factors, along with resources available through FBISD and Mental Health America-Fort Bend County may be found at the link below.
Marla Angibeau Stefanie ArmattaLead Counselor Counselor2023-24 ~ Grade 7 Counselor 2023-24 ~ Grade 6 Counselor(281) 634-6447 (281) 634-6448Kristin Kendrick Stefanie WatsonCounselor Counselor Clerk2023-24 ~ Grade 8 email@example.com@fortbendisd.com (281) 634-6452(281) 634-6449
Professional School Counselors are available at Fort Settlement Middle School to provide a Comprehensive Developmental Guidance Program and services for all students in the areas of:
- Guidance Curriculum - In an effort to help students develop competence in essential life skills
- Responsive Services - Provide intervention for immediate personal/social/emotional concerns
- Individual Planning - Provide guidance to help students plan, monitor, and manage their personal, educational and career goals, and facilitate transition activities for post-secondary education and/or training
- System Support - Support campus staff, parents, and community to promote the educational, career, personal, and social development of students, as well as the Developmental Guidance Program.
School Counselors provide
- Consultation services with students and parents for academic, social/emotional, and behavior concerns
- Facilitate the identification and placement of students in most special programs
- Provide consultation services to staff and special program committees
- Promote career awareness and provide information and resources for post-secondary education
- Coordinate crisis intervention for students and staff
- Provide staff development and training for staff and parents
- Coordinate standardized and state assessments for students and interpret test scores
The mission of the Counseling Division is to provide opportunities for all students to develop an understanding of themselves in relationship to their environment and assume responsibility for their own actions and choices in their educational, career, and social environments.
Students and their parents should contact their student's school counselor for more information about the Guidance and Counseling Program.