Gifted and Talented
Fort Bend ISD Gifted and Talented ServicesThe mission of the Fort Bend ISD Gifted and Talented services is to provide learning opportunities that challenge and develop the abilities of identified gifted students through critical, creative and self-directed learning, as well as meet their social and emotional needs.
Program ServicesAll students identified as Gifted and Talented are provide the following:
Optional opportunities for Gifted and Talented students:
- GT services are provided in the core subject areas: English language arts, social studies, math and science.
- Program services for identified Kindergarten students begin March 1 as mandated by the state.
- Identified students in grades K-5 are cluster grouped with GT trained teachers.
- At the secondary level (grades 6-12), services are provided through open enrollment Pre-AP and AP classes.
- All Pre-AP and AP core content teachers are trained in gifted instructional strategies.
- Curricular compacting, lesson differentiation, and participation in the projects aligned to the Texas Performance Standards Project (TPSP) are some of the many curricular options utilized in core GT classes.
- The Gifted and Talented Middle School Academy is for students in grades 6 -8 and is housed at QVMS. Fifth grade students who reside in the FBISD attendance zone may apply to the GT Academy. Students must be identified as Gifted and Talented in FBISD and are accepted through a lottery system.
- GT Mentorship is a rigorous course and professional experience available to GT identified juniors and seniors through an application and selection process.
UNDERSTANDING COGAT SCORE RESULTS
The Advanced and Enriched Learning Department will spend time assisting parents with understanding an effective response to their child's CoGAT results. These results offer valuable information about each student. There is no RSVP for this event. For the best experience, bring your child's CoGAT Score Report with you.
Tuesday, February 20, 2018 and Tuesday, March 6, 2018 (Both Sessions Identical)
6:00 PM - 7:00 PM
FBISD Administration Annex Building
3119 Sweetwater Blvd
Sugarland, Texas 77479
GT PARENT SURVEY
The FBISD Advanced and Enriched Learning Department wants to hear from parents whose children are receiving FBISD Gifted Services in the 2017-2018 school year. Please CLICK the picture below to complete the online survey.
GT Parenting Education Series 16-17This series of evening sessions is designed to support and educate parents of GT students in FBISD. These sessions include topics such as creating an engaging home environment for your child and making the important decision to accelerate. These sessions are FREE and open to all members of the FBISD GT Community. RSVP is requested, but not required. For more details and to RSVP, click HERE to view the informative flyer.January 27, 2017 - Diving Deeper: Parenting Gifted ChildrenFebruary 22, 2017 - Acceleration Options in FBISD Presentation NotesMay 11, 2017 - Roadmap of Services for Newly Identified Gifted Children Presentation Notes