Welcome to the the Fort Settlement Middle School Chapter of the National Junior Honor Society (NJHS).
Check Schoology for updates and volunteer opportunities.
Current NJHS members will use our Schoology group for dates, forms, and further information. Schoology group code will be emailed and given during the first NJHS meeting. If you would like NJHS emails to be sent to an email address that is different than the ones listed in Skyward, you must contact a Counselor or Registrar to add that email to the mailing list.
To qualify for an invitation to become a member of NJHS:
- Must maintain a cumulative, overall middle school average of 85.0% in ALL courses with numerical grades and have no failing final grades in any courses.
- Must have been enrolled at Fort Setlement M.S. for at least one full semester.
- Must abide by the Fort Settlement Middle School NJHS Chapter By-Laws.
- Must demonstrate sound and effective leadership, admirable citizenship, and trustworthy character at Fort Settlement Middle School and in the community.
- Must pay the chapter dues of $20 after acceptance into NJHS.
- Must participate in and have transportation to any NJHS Chapter community service projects.
Students will be invited to apply to NJHS during the spring of their 7th grade year if they meet the above qualifications. Students who are inducted into NJHS in the 7th grade will serve throughout both the fall and spring semesters of their 8th grade year.