FBISD School Health Services program is dedicated to creating a culture of wellness that supports student success.
A Registered Nurse and a Licensed Vocational Nurse are assigned to each high school campus. The school nurse assists students' physical, mental and social growth by providing a health services program that assesses, evaluates and improves the health of students and staff.
Please contact your school nurse regarding your student's health issues and concerns, hospitalizations and/or treatment changes.
- All medications (prescription and non-prescription) must be furnished by the parent/guardian and appropriate medication administration forms must be completed by the parent/guardian.
- Medication will be delivered to the clinic by the parent/guardian in the original and properly labeled container and must be picked up by the parent/guardian or another adult which the parent/guardian can designate.
- The nurse and/or clinic assistant will administer all medications in the clinic with the exception of students that are required by their physician to carry inhalers or epipens with them at all times. In those situations, the doctor must provide written orders to the school.
- Over the counter medication administration requests for greater than 15 school days must have the signature/directions of the physician.
- For prescription medications that are left at school, a second labeled container can be obtained from your pharmacy.
- When medication is discontinued, it must be picked up by the parent/guardian.