Hello Mustangs and Parents,
Can you believe that fall is upon us? We hope everyone is having an amazing school year so far! There are lots of special events coming this month. Please view our announcements to stay informed!
As we enter October we will be focusing on our character trait Individuality.
Individuality is discovering who you are meant to be.
Students can log into Naviance using One Link to complete our campus needs assessment from October 19th through October 29th.
October is National Bullying Prevention Month. Be on the look out for daily announcements and other activities. Also join us in wearing orange to show LOMS wont stand for bullying on October 20th.
8th Grade students will be taking PSAT through their social studies class on October 13th.
Join LOMS in a pinkout against breast cancer on October 22nd.
We will be celebrating Red Ribbon Week from October 23rd to October 31st. Make sure to tune into announcements for more information.
Please remember that you must take care of yourself in order to be an asset to yourself and others. Self-Care can help promote positive feelings which can help with self-confidence and self-esteem. We challenge you and members of your family to complete at least one self-care activity daily. Self-care is essential!
- Take a walk
- Listen to music
- Write or draw
- Do something you love that makes you happy
Mental Health Resources
- For Social and Emotional Support Click Here
- What can I do to help my child during the COVID-19 Pandemic? Click here for helpful information.
Media usage tips for children
- Limit children's exposure to media
- Provide a calming influence as needed
- Help children address fears when needed
College and Career Exploration: NaviancePlease remember to check your Naviance account weekly. You can use this time to explore some college and career options that fit your personality and interest.Upon Logging In:
Road Trip Nation has several interesting video vignettes that may peak your interest.
- Click Careers
- Click Road Trip Nation
- Click the pink Find Your Road Tab.
Professional School Counselors are available at Lake Olympia Middle School to provide a Comprehensive Developmental Guidance Program and services for all students in the areas of:
- Guidance Curriculum - In an effort to help students develop competence in essential life skills
- Responsive Services - Provide intervention for immediate personal/social/emotional concerns
- Individual Planning - Provide guidance to help students plan, monitor, and manage their personal, educational and career goals, and facilitate transition activities for post-secondary education and/or training
- System Support - Support campus staff, parents, and community to promote the educational, career, personal, and social development of students, as well as the Developmental Guidance Program