Hello Mustangs and Parents,
As we are heading into January, we appreciate your continued support. We also want to encourage you to use our website as there is helpful information posted often.
In January we will be focusing on our character trait "Self-Control".
Self Control is choosing to do what you should even when you don't want to.
- LOMS virtual open house will be Thursday January 27th, 2022 from 6:00 - 7:00pm. Click the link here to attend.
- Hightower High school will have a parent night for incoming 9th grade students on January 26th from 5:30 - 7:00pm.
Please remember that you must take care of yourself in order to be an asset to yourself and others. Self-Care can help promote positive feelings which can help with self-confidence and self-esteem. We challenge you and members of your family to complete at least one self-care activity daily. Self-care is essential!
- Take a walk
- Listen to music
- Write or draw
- Do something you love that makes you happy
Mental Health Resources
- For Social and Emotional Support Click Here
- What can I do to help my child during the COVID-19 Pandemic? Click here for helpful information.
Media usage tips for children
- Limit children's exposure to media
- Provide a calming influence as needed
- Help children address fears when needed
College and Career Exploration: NaviancePlease remember to check your Naviance account weekly. You can use this time to explore some college and career options that fit your personality and interest.Upon Logging In:
Road Trip Nation has several interesting video vignettes that may peak your interest.
- Click Careers
- Click Road Trip Nation
- Click the pink Find Your Road Tab.
Professional School Counselors are available at Lake Olympia Middle School to provide a Comprehensive Developmental Guidance Program and services for all students in the areas of:
- Guidance Curriculum - In an effort to help students develop competence in essential life skills
- Responsive Services - Provide intervention for immediate personal/social/emotional concerns
- Individual Planning - Provide guidance to help students plan, monitor, and manage their personal, educational and career goals, and facilitate transition activities for post-secondary education and/or training
- System Support - Support campus staff, parents, and community to promote the educational, career, personal, and social development of students, as well as the Developmental Guidance Program