Please check our website throughout this school year for important information and updates.
Each month we will share a new character trait to focus on.
Please see our September character trait below.
In September we will focus on our character trait "Friendship."
Friendship is using your words and actions to show others you care.
The time has come for students to complete the 2023/2024 needs assessment. Please click here to view the parent letter. If you would like to opt your child out, there is a link provided in the letter.
Please remember that you must take care of yourself in order to be an asset to yourself and others. Self-Care can help promote positive feelings, which can help with self-confidence and self-esteem. We challenge you and members of your family to complete at least one self-care activity daily. Self-care is essential!
- Take a walk
- Listen to music
- Write or draw
- Do something you love that makes you happy
Mental Health Resources
- For Social and Emotional Support Click Here
- What can I do to help my child during the COVID-19 Pandemic? Click here for helpful information.
Media usage tips for children
- Limit children's exposure to media
- Provide a calming influence as needed
- Help children address fears when needed
Professional School Counselors are available at Lake Olympia Middle School to provide a Comprehensive Developmental Guidance Program and services for all students in the areas of:
- Guidance Curriculum - In an effort to help students develop competence in essential life skills
- Responsive Services - Provide intervention for immediate personal/social/emotional concerns
- Individual Planning - Provide guidance to help students plan, monitor, and manage their personal, educational and career goals, and facilitate transition activities for post-secondary education and/or training
- System Support - Support campus staff, parents, and community to promote the educational, career, personal, and social development of students, as well as the Developmental Guidance Program