AVID is a class offered all 3 years of middle school, which offers study skills, organizational tools, academic support, social/emotional mentorship, consistent grade checks, and a family environment. Our program is recognized for its strength, and we are looking to grow it and serve as many students in our community as possible in achieving their college and career dreams. The deadline is February 4 for current 5th, 6th, and 7th graders. Feel free to contact Mrs. Nickerson-Boyd via email at Bridget.Nickersonboy@fortbendisd.com with any questions.
AVID Mission Statement:
AVID is designed to increase school wide learning and performance. The mission of AVID is to ensure that all students and most especially the least served students in the middle capable of completing a college path:
- Will succeed in rigorous curriculum,
- Will enter mainstream activities of the school
- Will increase their enrollment in four-year colleges, and
- Will become educated and responsible part pants and leaders in a democratic society.
- Learning with tutors
- Read critically
- Note-taking across the curriculum
- Writing for all classes
- Developing interpersonal relationship and self-reliance
- Visiting college campuses
- Interacting with guest speakers
- Participating in extracurricular and community activities
- Preparing for a professional career