When is an absence excused?
- FBISD extracurricular activies
- Illness and medical appointments
- Required court appearances
- Religious holy days
- Activities related to obtaining U.S. citizenship
- College visits for high school juniors and seniors (up to two days)
Excuse notes should always include:
- Student's full name
- Student's student ID number
- Date(s) of absence
- Date of absence note submittal
- Reason for absence
- Parent contact information
- Absence notes can be submitted via emial to: AttendanceRTMS@fortbendisd.com
Submitting an excuse note:
- Notes must be turned in no later than five days upon returning to school.
- Notes should be given to the school's Attendance Clerk. Email messages are acceptable.
- Keep copies of all correspondence.
- Contact the Attendance Clerk or Assistant Principal if you feel any of your child's absences are incorrect.
- A medical note can be scanned and emailed directly to the campus Attendance Clerk via email at: AttendanceRTMS@fortbendisd.com.