The Fine Arts Program of Oyster Creek Elementary involves all students and all grade levels.
This year I am happy to introduce you to our second music teacher, Mrs. Shelby Murphy Mann! She is a valued new member of our OCE Blue Jay Nest!
We have multiple programs per year and a performing choir (4th and 5th) and honor choir (select 5th grade students).
Grades 3-5 will learn recorder and ukulele this year. Other grades learn instruments such as the xylophones and percussion instruments.
In music class we learn a portion of the following:
- We learn how to sing and match pitch
- We learn solfege (do, re, mi, fa, sol, la, ti, do) and hand signs for solfege
- We learn the structure of music
- We learn how to write and compose our own pieces of music
- We learn how to dance to folk music and other types of classic and creative dance
- We learn how to treat each other with kindness and compassion and allow each other the freedom of expression of thought and dance
- We learn our music TEKS required by TEA Music TEKS
- We learn about composers and the history of music
- We learn about different styles of music (rock, classical, jazz, reggae, etc.)
- We learn how to play instruments
- We learn how to sing in canon and in a group/ensemble setting
- We learn proper audience ettiquette
- and so much more...
If you have any questions about anything regarding fine arts please reach out to me and I will be happy to assist you.
♫ Let's have a marvelous, magical, musical year!! ♫