Hello 1st Graders!!!!
I am Mr. Joseph Guzman and I am happy to say that I will be your teacher this year.
Here is a little bit about me;
I have been married for 19 years and have two children. As a family we have 10 pets at home.
My educational background includes;
- United States Army Medical Corp- Combat Medic (91B)
- Houston Community College- Associate in Arts
- Universtiy of Houston- Victoria- Bachelor of Arts
- Univeristy of Houston- Victoria- Master of Education- Administration and Supervision
Why I love teaching!
This will be my 14th year of teaching and I enjoy every minute of it! As a class we learn to together, make mistakes together and grow together.
A litttle bit more about me;
I enjoy to doing puzzles, cross stitch, playing video games and being active outdoors. Favorites are baseball, umpiring and Star Wars.
Some of the things we will learn this year!
- - What makes a good reader?
- - What makes a good writer?
- - Who are some amazing authors and where can I get my hands on their books?
- - Who are the characters in a story and what are they like?
- - How can I become a better friend to my classmates?
- - How can I use my ideas in projects?
- - What apps and web tools can help me to show how creative I am?
- - How can learning about Social Studies help me to be a good citizen?
I am looking forward to a great year!