• Unofficial Transcripts

    Students may need to request unofficial transcripts for scholarships, summer camps, to have for their own records, or, sometimes, for employment. Students in grades 10-12 can log into their Skyward account to access their unofficial transcript and download it for use.
    For 10-11 graders, this will be updated and loaded to the Skyward Portfolio during the first semester of each year.
    For 12 grade students, this will be uploaded to the Skyward Portfolio twice during the school year - once in the Fall semester, and again in January after grades from semester one have processed.

    Official Transcript Requests

    Official Transcripts for College Admission:

    All official transcript requests for college admission need to be made in Naviance under the tab, "Colleges I'm Applying to." Allow 7 business days for the registrar’s office to process requests. Also, note that it can take the institution 7 days to process your transcript after they receive it. For this reason, it is normal for transcripts to take two weeks to show they have been received and processed by your university.

    Official Transcripts for Scholarships:
    All official transcript requests for scholarships should be made in Naviance under the tab, "Colleges I'm Applying to." If you need the transcript to accompany your application, you will need to make note of this in the request, as well as provide an addressed, stamped envelope to the registrar's assistant before your request will be processed.  Be sure to double check to see if the scholarship organization is requesting an official or unofficial transcript. Again, you are responsible with addressing and stamping the envelope so the registrar can mail all documents together. Note: On occasion, a scholarship application will be completed online, but the official transcript will still need to be mailed. 

    Official Transcripts for Summer Camps/ Programs:
    All official transcript requests for summer camps/ programs should be made in person in the registrar's office located in the Counseling Suite.
    Official Transcripts for mid-year and final requests:
    Students should let their counselor and the registrar’s office know when they need a mid year transcript sent. Note, most students using the Common Application will need to have a mid year report and mid year transcript sent. ALL students applying to college will need to send final transcript. Students will follow the directions posted at the end of May in Naviance to request their final transcript. Transcripts will not actually be sent to the university by the registrar’s office until after graduation.

    Note About Deadlines & Requests:

    Transcripts are only sent on days the school is open Monday-Friday. Students should check their college and scholarship deadlines carefully. If a deadline is after a long break, students should not make transcript requests over the break with the expectation that the registrar’s office will be sending transcripts. For official transcript requests for scholarships, students should ensure they submit to the registrar’s office at least 3 days before the scholarship deadline.


    **Please note that not every college listed in Naviance accepts electronic documents.  Some must be mailed. If you are applying to a college that requires documents to be mailed, it is to your benefit to provide a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the Registrar's office. This allows the mail to go directly to the post office and bypass the district's mail room, which means your transcript will arrive at its destination sooner if you provide the envelope.**




    All transcript requests will be processed within 7 business days. (Excluding weekends and holidays) It is important to request transcripts at least one week before postmark deadlines.

    Transcript requests are not automated within Naviance. Transcripts are still processed and sent through the registrar's office, either electronically or by mail to the institution. (You do not need to provide a stamp for college transcript, but you will need to provide stamps for official transcripts required for scholarships.)

    It is against district policy for official transcripts to be given to students or parents. Please do not ask the registrar's office to break FBISD district policy.

    Further questions? Contact the Registrar’s office.