• Financial Aid comes from the federal and local government. It is money that helps a student pay for education expenses at a postsecondary school (college, career school, graduate school). Federal aid can cover expenses such as tuition and fees, room and board, books and supplies, and transportation. Financial Aid often comes in the form of both grants and loans.
    Scholarships are another form of financial aid that students can apply for.  Scholarships can be based on academic performance, community service, financial need, etc.  The application process can be as easy as filling out a form, or can be more lengthy and require an essay or interview.
    Look for information in August/September regarding a Financial Aid Information night. 

    Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) - Students who are US Citizens or Permanent Residents are eligible to submit this free application for financial aid.  For current seniors, the application opens October 1st for the following school year.


    Texas Application for State Financial Aid (TASFA) - Students who are not eligible for FAFSA but have resided in Texas for at least three years prior to entering college are eligible to submit this application for state financial aid. This aid is only available in Texas and would not transfer to a college in another state.

Financial Aid Documents