Degrees and Certifications:
Hello everyone, My name is Mr.Oliver. I am one of three 8th Grade Science Teachers here at DCMS.
I am originally from Lake Charles, LA.: just a few hours away from the Texas border. I graduated from A.M. Barbe High School and obtained a Bacclerate of Science in Biology at Grambling State University in Grambling, La..After completing my matriculation at GSU I moved to the Houston area to find work. Seeking the need for teachers in the area I enrolled in an Alternative Certification Program where I received my Life Science Certification(7-12). From here I took my first job teaching at Andy Dekany High School in Spring ISD. After two years of teaching 9th Grade, I then transitioned to Fort Bend ISD and have been here at Crockett ever since.
I am a easygoing individual that loves teaching and making it as fun as possible for children. I am also one of the 7th Grade Football Coaches at DCMS. I look forward to being of service to the student body and community members alike.
INSTRUCTOR /EMAIL: Mr.Oliverfirstname.lastname@example.org
CONFERENCE TIME/PHONE: Tuesdays 4th Period (3:20-4:00pm) 281-634-6380 ext.: 70348
TUTORIAL DAYS & TIMES: Mondays/Tuesdays (8:20-8:45am)
WHAT TO LOOK FORWARD TO THIS YEAR IN SCIENCE!!!!
- PHYSICS: Who is Isaac Newton and what are his 3 laws?
- CHEMISTRY: What is that “table” that is hanging in every science classroom and what does it tell me?
- ASTRONOMY: What do we know about the universe today and how do we know this? What is the relationship between the earth, moon, and sun and what effects does it have on our daily lives?
- GEOLOGY: What forces are in action in nature? How does this affect our oceans, weather, and earth’s landforms?
- LIVING SYSTEMS & ENVIRONMENT: How ecosystems are interconnected and how have we altered the ecosystems of the past?