Professional School Counselors are available at Hodges Bend Middle School to provide a Comprehensive Developmental Guidance Program and services for all students in the areas of:
- Guidance Curriculum - In an effort to help students develop competence in essential life skills
- Responsive Services - Provide intervention for immediate personal/social/emotional concerns
- Individual Planning - Provide guidance to help students plan, monitor, and manage their personal, educational and career goals, and facilitate transition activities for post-secondary education and/or training
- System Support - Support campus staff, parents, and community to promote the educational, career, personal, and social development of students, as well as the Developmental Guidance Program
Here are some suggested resources to consider as you provide support to your children regarding COVID-19.
Parents are encouraged to:
- Limit their children’s exposure to the media
- Provide a calming influence as needed
- Help children address their fears if needed
Please remember that you must take care of yourself in order to be an asset to yourself and others. Self-Care can help promote positive feelings which can help with self-confidence and self-esteem. We challenge you and members of your family to complete at least one self-care activity daily. Self-care is essential!
- Take a walk
- Listen to music
- Write or draw
- Do something you love that makes you happy
Is PreAP RIght For Me?
When considering whether or not a PreAP class is appropriate for your student, there are some things to consider. Please click here to view the attached document to help you in your decision making process. Should you have any questions please feel free to contact your child’s counselor.
6th Grade Counselor
Taheera.Shelton@fortbendisd.comTaylor BlackmonCounselor7th Grade Counselor281-634-3008281-327-3046 (fax)Jasmin StewartCounselor8th Grade Counselor281-634-3007281-327-0577 (fax)Yanci Ventura BonillaCounselor Clerk281-634-3009281-327-3009 (fax)