Phone: 281-634-4095 (leave a voicemail during school hours)
Degrees and Certifications:
Texas Southern University, B.S. University of Houston-Downtown, M.A.T. Certifications: Special Education (PK-12) Self-Contained (All Subjects Grades 1-8) Math, (Grades 6-8) Gifted and Talented (PK-12) English Language Learners (PK-12)
Ms. Sonja D. Letcher
My name is Sonja D. Letcher, and I am currently in my 30th year of teaching. My entire career has been with the Fort Bend Independent School District. I taught for nine years at Briargate Elementary (PPCD, 3rd Grade, 5th Grade), eleven years at Christa McAuliffe Middle School (Middle School Math, Adaptive Behavior), and this is my tenth year at Hodges Bend (Math 7).
I received my Bachelors of Interdisciplinary Studies at Texas Southern University, and my Master of Arts in Teaching at the University of Houston-Downtown.
Certified by the Texas State Board of Educator Certification, I am highly qualified to teach Special Education, Self-contained classrooms grades 1-8, Middle School Math, Gifted and Talented, and ELL students.
CLASS SCHEDULE:Period 1: Math 7Period 2: Math 7Period 3: Math 7Period 4: Math 7Period 5: Math 7Period 6: CONFERENCEPeriod 7: Math 7
**WEDNESDAYS FROM 8:25-8:45, BEGINNING SEPTEMBER 21, 2022**
No tutorials on Math Department Meeting dates:
This message is sent on behalf of the FBISD Child Nutrition Department.
The application period for Fort Bend ISD’s Free and Reduced-Price Meal program is now open. Families can complete the application online at www.schoolcafe.com/fbisd. Student meals will be available for purchase this school year, but students who qualify may receive breakfast and lunch meals at little or no cost.
As a reminder, meal prices will be as followed in the 2022-23 school year:
- Student Breakfast - $2.00
- Elementary Lunch - $2.75
- Secondary Lunch - $3.00
Completing the Free and Reduced-Price Meal application may result in additional benefits for students and families, including reduced fees and tuition for Extended Learning programs, Career and Technical Education (CTE) courses, and athletics programs. Visit the FBISD Child Nutrition webpage to learn about additional benefits.
Only one application needs to be completed for each household, and Fort Bend ISD will begin distributing letters about eligibility on August 10.
To apply, parents will need to have the following information:
- Names of all household members
- Amount, frequency and source of current income for each household member
- Last four digits of the parent’s or guardian’s social security number
- Signature of an adult household member attesting that the information provided is correct
Families may apply at any time during the school year, should their household circumstances change, including the loss of a job, a decrease in household income or an increase in household size.
The District uses the following criteria to determine a family’s eligibility:
- Household income that is at or below the income eligibility levels,
- Households receiving Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) or Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservation (FDPIR), or
- Children who are in foster care, homeless, a runaway, migrant farm worker or displaced by a declared disaster, or enrolled in Head Start.