Professional School Counselors are available at Sugar Land Middle School to provide a Comprehensive Developmental Guidance Program and services for all students in the areas of:
- Guidance Curriculum - In an effort to help students develop competence in essential life skills
- Responsive Services - Provide intervention for immediate personal/social/emotional concerns
- Individual Planning - Provide guidance to help students plan, monitor, and manage their personal, educational and career goals, and facilitate transition activities for post-secondary education and/or training
- System Support - Support campus staff, parents, and community to promote the educational, career, personal, and social development of students, as well as the Developmental Guidance Program
- College/Career-Awareness and exploration of career pathways and options after middle school and high school. 8th graders will participate in high school endorsement selection as well as four-year planning.
Eleni SmithLead Counselor7th Grade CounselorSSI Data EntryIncoming WEB Leader selection504 Program-7th gradersNAVIANCE Program CoordinatorDUKE TIPHomeless Liaison(281) 634-3086Kimberly Seright8th Grade CounselorGifted and Talented Site Liaison504 Program-8th gradersMentors (TAPP)WINGS SponsorWEB Leaders - ManagementIncoming WEB Leader selection5th Grade Visit/Parent Night CoordinatorCareer DaySugar Land Exchange Club Point of Contact8th Grade Course Selection Coordinator8th Grade Awards(281) 634-3085Nafecia Brinson6th Grade Counselor504 Program-6th gradersSSI Data EntryCharacter Education/No Place For Hate CoordinatorWEB Lesson PlanningWEB - Incoming 6th grade/groupsDUKE Tip - 6th grade recommendationsMindfulness/SEL Room Coordinator(281) 634-3087Carmen BrantleyCounselors' Clerk(281) 634-3088Tandi PhillipsData Entry ClerkRegistration of new students281-634-3118