United States Academic Decathlon® Curricular Topics for 2020–2021!
The U.S. Academic Decathlon® is excited to announce that the overall curricular theme for 2020–2021 will be The Cold War. Following is some general information on the topics in each of the subject areas.
▪ SCIENCE: The science topic will be an introduction to astronomy and will include sections on the Space Race between the United States and the Soviet Union.
▪ LITERATURE: The literature curriculum will include critical reading, one long work of literature, and selected shorter works. The long work of literature will be Cat’s Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut Jr.
▪ ART: The art curriculum will include a section on art fundamentals and will largely focus on an exploration of art during the Cold War.
▪ MUSIC: The music curriculum will introduce students to various musical works from the Cold War era.
▪ SOCIAL SCIENCE: The social science curriculum will introduce students to the history of the Cold War.
▪ ECONOMICS: The economics curriculum will cover fundamental economic concepts, microeconomics, and macroeconomics and will also include a thematic section on the economics of the Cold War.
▪ MATHEMATICS: The mathematics curriculum will cover general mathematics, geometry, and an introduction to differential calculus.*
Club SponsorsBonnie Bonnette(281) 634-9295Will Corrington(281) 634-9936
Club Student LeadershipShivam Pancholyshivampancholy@gmail.comSavar Patilsavarpatil02@gmail.com
There are no upcoming events to display.