The U.S. Academic Decathlon® is excited to announce that the overall curricular theme for 2023–2024 will be Technology and Humanity. Following is some general information on the topics in each of the subject areas.
- ART: The art curriculum will explore technology and art.
- ECONOMICS: The economics curriculum will cover fundamental economic concepts, microeconomics, and macroeconomics and will include a thematic section on technology, innovation, and the economy.
- LITERATURE: The literature curriculum will include critical reading, one long work of literature, and selected shorter works. The long work of literature will be The Lathe of Heaven by Ursula K. Le Guin.
- MATHEMATICS: The mathematics curriculum will cover general mathematics, geometry, and an introduction to differential calculus.
- MUSIC: The music curriculum will explore musical works used in science-fiction films.
- SCIENCE: The science topic will be an introduction to neuroscience and will include a section on technology and neuroscience.
- SOCIAL SCIENCE: The social science topic will be the history of computers.