Purpose of Student Council:
- To develop leadership qualities among QVMS students by providing services to the school and community.
- To provide for an exchange of ideas among the student body and a way for each student to have a voice in Student Council decisions.
- To plan and organize activities and projects which advance the social and civic development of the student body.
- To promote community involvement through service projects.
- The Student Council is modeled after a representative democracy to ensure each student at QVMS has an elected member to represent their needs and interests.
- Student Council membership is by election through Social Studies classes only. Each class period of all grade levels will elect a representative to join Student Council. Social Studies teachers will coordinate and manage the classroom election process.
- Social Studies teachers will communicate elected representatives to sponsor and provide the representative with the information packet.
- Regular meetings will be held on the fourth Wednesday of every month before school.
- Special meetings will be called when necessary by the advisors.
- The majority vote rules in all voting that takes place in a meeting.
Elected representatives should bring the completed application to the first meeting on September 28th in room 209 at 8:20am.