What is Student Council?
The Quail Valley Middle School StuCo develops leadership qualities among QVMS students by providing services to the school and community. StuCo allows students to have a voice in their school by addressing issues that are of concern to students. Members plan and organize activities and projects which educate, inform, and serve QVMS students, faculty, and staff. StuCo also promotes school spirit and an attitude of cooperation between the faculty, administration and the student body. In addition, StuCo promotes community involvement through service projects that serve the Quail Valley Middle School family and the surrounding community.
Who can be in Student Council?
Student Council is open to all students at QVMS. To represent your grade-level as a Student Council Class Representative, you must meet the following qualifications:
- Students must have had at least a C average in all subjects and must maintain the same standard each grading period during the school year.
- Students must maintain a good standard of citizenship (No U’s or N’s) each grading period.
- Students must serve as role models to other students by maintaining a positive attitude and following all school rules at all times.
- Students must submit an application before 09/30/2020 and pay yearly dues of $20.
- Students must be willing to participate in StuCo and committee activities, fundraisers, general and committee meetings, follow instructions and work as part of a team.
Mrs. Jessie James