Hello and thank you for your interest in the QVMS chapter of the National Junior Honor Society!
Admission is open to our eighth-grade students and is based on academic performance and behavior since the beginning of sixth grade. Membership in NJHS is one of the highest honors that can be awarded to a middle-school student. Our chapter strives to give practical meaning to the Society’s standards of scholarship, leadership, service, citizenship, and character.
These five ideals will be considered as the basis for your selection as well as a fundamental part of our chapter activities. The National Junior Honor Society strives to recognize the total student—one who excels in these areas. No student is inducted simply because of a high academic average. Applications must be reviewed by the NJHS Faculty Council to determine acceptance of new members.
If you are chosen to be inducted as a member of the Quail Valley Middle School Chapter of the National Junior Honor Society, you must maintain the standards utilized for your selection. Please be aware that you:
Must maintain a cumulative, overall middle school average of 85.0% and have no failing final grades in any courses.
- Must have been enrolled for at least a semester.
- Must abide by the Chapter’s By-Laws,
- Demonstrate sound and effective leadership, admirable citizenship, and trustworthy character at Quail Valley Middle School and in the community.
- Pay the chapter dues of $20.00 prior to your induction (after acceptance into NJHS)
- Parents also have the option of paying $10 for the shirt at that time.
- Must participate in and have a ride to the NJHS Chapter community service projects in the Houston area.