POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
If you need to pick up your child early, please be sure to be here before 3:30 pm and have a photo ID in hand.
In order for your student’s absence to be excuse please send an email/note to the Attendance Office (AttendanceCMMS@fortbendisd.com) with the following information:
1. Child’s first and last name and grade
2. Date and Time to be picked up (not the appointment time)
3. Reason for leaving (please be specific since some reasons might not be excused)
4. Name of person picking up your child
5. Your contact Phone # and/or email address
*Your name/signature will authorize the dismissal
*Parent/guardian/person picking up child will need to provide a photo ID and need to be on their emergency contact to sign the student out.
o If your student is absent, a note must be turned in/emailed within 5 school days of your child’s absence or it will be marked unexcused.
o A phone message cannot take place of a note.
o If a student is absent for 4 or more consecutive days, they must submit a doctor’s note.
o If a student is tardy and misses 20 or more minutes of class, the student will be counted absent
o When sending a note or email to the attendance clerk, the note must legible and include:
- Child’s first and last name and grade
- Date(s) of absence
- Reason for the absence (not all reasons can be excused)
- Contact Phone # and/or email address
- Signature of Parent/Legal guardian
PLANNED ABSENCES or RELIGIOUS HOLIDAYS: Please notify the Attendance office in advance to confirm if the absences can be excused.
STUDENT MISTAKENLY MARKED ABSENT? If you receive a call/email that your child was marked absent during the day, but you know they were there, please contact the teacher for that period and ask them to notify me if a correction needs to be made.
Christa McAuliffe MS