DLE Has Earned a No Place For Hate Designation for 3 Straight Years!
We are committed in making our campus a safe school with a culture that values all students and staff. We encourage you to visit this page often to see the amazing things we are doing to:
- Build and inclusive and safe community in which respect is the goal, and all students can thrive.
- Empower students, faculty, administration, and family members to take a stand against hate and bullying by incorporating new and existing programs under one powerful message.
- Engage our school and community through the implementation of at least three campus-wide anti-bias activities per year, which ADL helps to develop.
- Send a clear, unified message that all students have a place to belong
In August, our campus began creating our No Place for Hate Coalition Team. This team is made up of students, staff and community members. Together we will help to facilitate 3 campus-wide anit-bias and diversity realated activities throughout this school year.
DLE Signs 2020/2021 Resolution of Respect
Everyone on campus and many community members signed the resolution. Our Resolution of Respect states:
- I promise to do my best to treat everyone fairly
- I promise to do my best to be kind to everyone - even if they are not like me.
- If I see someone bing hurt or bullied I will report it to an adult.
- Everyone should be able to feel safe and happy at school.
- I want our school to be No Place for Hate®.
Below are some of our Kinder and 5th grade students. Our Kindergarten students could be heard asking, "Why would anyone not be kind?"