JA for a Day: On December 10th, DLE will have its 2nd Annual JA for a Day for 2nd - 5th grade classes. This is a great way to volunteer inside your child's classroom. Check email for link.
Some things to know about this volunteer opportunity:
• Training - the week before
• All materials are given to the volunteer to teach and lead the students through the material.
• Two volunteers per classroom - you will not be alone.
• Commitment is one day, Tuesday, December 10th from 7:45 am-3:00 pm
• Contact for Questions: vipscoordinator.dlepto.@gmail.com
2nd Grade Universal Screener & 2nd Grade GT Evaluation Timeline Change: All FBISD 2nd grade students will complete a universal screener this month. Second grade students will complete the Cognitive Abilities Test (CogAT). The screening window is 11/8/2019 - 11/19/2019. If you referred your 2nd grade student to be evaluated for the Gifted and Talented Program, this assessment will be part of the GT referral process. This is a date change from what you were previously sent out.
Socktober: DLE is honoring Deeds for Donald by celebrating Socktober! We are asking for donations of new socks. Our students will be collecting and sorting the socks to donate to Shared Dreams. We want our students to become servant leaders, effective communicators, and compassionate citizens. Please see attached for more information. All donations are due by November 1st.
Red Ribbon Week Dress Up Days:
• Monday - Wear Red
• Tuesday - Team Spirit Day, favorite team shirt or DLE spirit shirt
• Wednesday - Hawaiian Day
• Thursday - Character Day - Character Parade
• Friday - PJ Day
Book Character Parade: Our book character parade is scheduled for Thursday, October 31st at 8:45. Students may come dressed as their favorite book character. Please see attached for more information. Any parents wishing to attend should enter through the side cafeteria doors.
Class Picture Day: Class pictures are scheduled for Tuesday, October 29th.