counselor’s job includes the following:
- Counsel individuals and small
groups of students to meet identified needs.
- Deliver the guidance curriculum
and assist teachers with the school’s guidance curriculum.
- Consult with parents, teachers,
and other staff regarding concerns about students’ needs.
people and resources in the schools and in the community for
the benefit of students.
in planning, implementing and evaluating a comprehensive
developmental guidance and counseling program to serve all students.
- Provide staff development and
about and adhere to the ethical, legal and professional standards of the
How Do Students Access the School Counselor?
A student may access a counselor by:
- Teacher referral
- Parent referral
- Administrative or other staff referral
- Referral by friend