Welcome to the Kindergarten Team! Our goal is to help each child successfully accomplish all they are capable of performing. We hope to instill in each child a love for learning. This year, your child will write independently and read for comprehension. They will solve mental math problems and develop scientific inquiries.
Each day brings new concepts and experiences to the children. We look forward to your support and involvement in helping to make this Kindergarten year a memorable one, and a great start to the world of education.
The following are areas that will help your children make the transition into Kindergarten a smooth one. Students should be able to:
- Use self-help skills (i.e. bathroom independently, button, zip, buckle, etc.)
- Recognize their first name in print
- Listen and talk about stories that are read to them
- Share ideas in complete sentences
- Use tools to develop fine motor control skills (i.e. scissors, crayons, pencils, etc.)
- Shoe tying
As parents, you can reinforce what is being taught in school by:
- Have your child listen to you read daily
- Review numbers and letters with your child
- Practice writing their name and numbers correctly (i.e. Tom, not TOM)
- Take time to look at your child’s class work and review areas where they have difficulty
We look forward to watching your children develop and grow throughout the school year!