About Mrs. Jennings
Let’s welcome Ms. Shirley Jennings – she will be our substitute counselor! Ms. Jennings has had years of experience as a counselor in elementary and high school.
If you have additional questions or would prefer your child not to participate in specific lessons, please contact me at 281-634-4040.
What Do School Counselors Do?
Professional School Counselors are available at Meadow Elementary School to provide a Comprehensive Developmental Guidance Program and services for all students in the areas of:
How do students Access the School Counselor?A student may access a counselor by:
- Guidance Curriculum - In an effort to help students develop competence in essential life skills
- Responsive Services - Provide intervention for immediate personal/social/emotional concerns
- Individual Planning - Provide guidance to help students plan, monitor, and manage their personal, educational and career goals, and facilitate transition activities for post-secondary education and/or training
- System Support - Support campus staff, parents, and community to promote the educational, career, personal, and social development of students, as well as the Developmental Guidance Program
- Teacher referral
- Parent referral
- Administrative or other staff referral