About Mrs. Jackson
Hi! My name is Natalie Jackson and I am thrilled to be your school counselor at Meadows Elementary! Meadows is a wonderful place to be! I received my Bachelors of Arts degree from the University of Houston-Downtown, and received my masters in professional school counseling from the University of St. Thomas. Education has always been my passion. Through eleven years of teaching, I have taught grades from first through fourth grade. Teaching and guiding my students to be successful has truly been a reward within itself. I grew up in Houston, Texas, with all my family around me. My husband and I have one son and he has completely filled our lives with joy and happiness. He definitely keeps us busy! I also have a cat named Mocha and she knows she is my princess. In my spare time, I love spending time with my family, scrapbooking, and watching movies. I am a product of Fort Bend ISD, and I’m honored to serve the community I grew up in. I truly believe that when we stand together, we can weather any storm no matter how big or small. It is what families do. I am happy to serve and support you and our students, as well as guiding them to pursue futures beyond what they can imagine!
What Do School Counselors Do?
Professional School Counselors are available at Meadow Elementary School to provide a Comprehensive Developmental Guidance Program and services for all students in the areas of:
How do students Access the School Counselor?A student may access a counselor by:
- Guidance Curriculum - In an effort to help students develop competence in essential life skills
- Responsive Services - Provide intervention for immediate personal/social/emotional concerns
- Individual Planning - Provide guidance to help students plan, monitor, and manage their personal, educational and career goals, and facilitate transition activities for post-secondary education and/or training
- System Support - Support campus staff, parents, and community to promote the educational, career, personal, and social development of students, as well as the Developmental Guidance Program
- Teacher referral
- Parent referral
- Administrative or other staff referral