This Fall, our Music Club will be focused primarily on singing and preparing our Holiday program. I will include a more detailed schedule of performances and mandatory rehearsals below. In the Spring, we will change our focus to percussion instruments and will learn to play drums, xylophones and marimbas.
Music Club Meetings & Dismissal
We will meet every Monday from 3:45-4:45 in the Music Room. The Club members will have a few minutes while we perform dismissal to wait in a designated area. During this time, they can enjoy a dry snack, get a drink of water and use the restroom.
You must have your car tag with your family number printed on it for Club Dismissal. We will dismiss the members in bus ramp driveway (by the Gym and Extended Day entrance). We will ask that the students sit under the overhang and we will call them to your car by their family number.
If you would like to park and walk up to the sidewalk to meet your child, please have your family car tag with you.
If your child is going to walk or bike home, we will walk them to the corner of the property and watch them cross the street. However, depending on adult staffing, they may have to wait until I have dismissed all of the Car Riders.
Please make arrangements to pick up your student promptly at 4:45. You will receive warning for the first two late pick-ups. After the third late pick-up, your student will be dismissed from the Club.
Music Club Member Expectations
1. Club members must maintain a passing grade average. Students with a grade lower than a 70 in Skyward will be asked to not participate until their grade improves. If your child's grade becomes a concern, please make an effort to communicate it to me immediately. I would much rather talk to you about this in person before I hear it from their teachers.
2. Club members must not receive any bad conduct marks or office referrals. Depending on the nature of the incident, they will either be expelled completely from the club or asked to not participate for a certain amount of time.
3. Club members must display appropriate student behavior while participating in the Music Club. I will notify you of any discipline problems and if your student’s behavior does not improve, I will not allow them to continue to participate. ·
4. Attendance at the mandatory rehearsal is absolutely expected. Please make arrangements NOW so you do not have conflicts on these days. Their absence may result in them losing their part or their performance spot in our program.
Club Fees & Performance Uniform
Each student will pay a Club Fee of $25.00. This will cover the cost of our Choir Shirts and also some music/props/etc. that we may need to purchase. Please send this to school as soon as possible. You can submit this payment by:
1. Paying online with revtrak.
2. Send cash or a check to school with your child. If you write a check, please make it out to “Neill Elementary”
All events and rehearsals will be posted on the Choir Club page of the James Neill Elementary website.
We will occasionally send home an electronic newsletter (like this one). You can print it or bookmark it for reference. All electronic newsletters and email correspondence will go to the email addresses that you submit in the link below.
We will use a text Remind service (www.Remind.com) and we’ll send you reminders via text or tell you to check the website or your email for important updates. Please consider signing up for these texts so that we can communicate with you quickly and directly. Here’s how you join: Text the message, “@neillmu” to the number: 81010. Remind is a free, safe, and simple messaging tool that helps teachers share important updates and reminders with students& parents. All personal information is kept private. Teachers will never see your phone number, nor will you see theirs. ·
Parent help is always welcome! Our parent coordinator will be Mrs. LuiselvaRodriguez.
Currently, we could use 1 or 2 parents to help us with our dismissal. Additionally, we will need some help as we prepare our holiday program - with stage set-up, costumes, etc.Please contact Mrs. Rodriguez if you would like to help out in any way.