Attendance is taken daily. Students will be marked tardy after the 8:10 a.m. bell rings. If your child has missed school, please send an explanation note to the homeroom teacher when they return.
Tips to Improve Your Child's Attendance:Ultimately, parents are responsible for getting their children to school. Here are a few tips to consider:
- Schedule doctor’s appointments before or after school or during holidays.
- If your child is ill, email the Attendance Clerk the first morning of their absence.
- Arrive to school on time and attend every class period.
- Make school attendance a habit. This can carry over when seeking employment.
- Ask for help from your campus counselor if you are having trouble with your child.
When is an absence excused?
- FBISD extracurricular activities
- Illness and medical appointments
- Required court appearances
- Religious holy days
- Activities related to obtaining United States citizenship
- Notes must be turned in no later than five days upon returning to school.
- Notes should be given to the school’s Attendance Clerk. Email messages are acceptable.
Excuse notes should always include:
- Student’s full name
- Student’s ID number
- Today’s date
- Date(s) of absence
- Reason for absence
- Parent contact information