The Symphonic Band is structured to cover ensemble concepts, facilitate more articulate technique, and teach fundamentals of each instrument and over all ensemble skills. Placement in Symphonic Band is open to any MCMS student who has completed one year of instrument study. Mr. Jurek conducts the Symphonic Band.
- Demonstrate proficiency on 12 major scales & chromatic scale
- Students should perform at the Solo/Ensemble contest
- Performance of concert music as assigned by the director
- Attendance at section rehearsals and/or full band rehearsals/clinics before or after school
- Students should study privately on his/her instrument
- Demonstrate theory comprehension through Semester written exam
- Expected to perform at UIL Concert/Sight-reading Contest
- Expected to perform at various ensemble competitions & festivals
- Remain academically eligible in all classes
- Should participate in Band Fundraisers
Uniform for all members:
Formal Uniform: Black tuxedo pants, socks, shoes, and white tuxedo shirt. Students are required to purchase all parts.
Infomal Uniform: MCMS Band T-shirt (new each year), jeans or khaki pants (as assigned by the director)
- Symphonic Band meets daily (1st Period)
- Students must attend a 1 hour section each week.
The band handbook and other forms and handouts are available in your class folder in Schoology or by logging onto CHARMS.