Attendance is taken daily. Students will be marked tardy after the 8:10 a.m. bell rings. If your child has missed school, please send an explanation note to the homeroom teacher when they return.
Tips to Improve Your Child's Attendance:Ultimately, parents are responsible for getting their children to school. Here are a few tips to consider:
- Schedule doctor’s appointments before or after school or during holidays.
- If your child is ill, email the Attendance Clerk the first morning of their absence.
- Arrive to school on time and attend every class period.
- Make school attendance a habit. This can carry over when seeking employment.
- Ask for help from your campus counselor if you are having trouble with your child.
Did you know?
Poor attendance can influence whether children read proficiently by the end of third grade or be held back.