Attendance General Information
Welcome to your Marshall HS Attendance Office, located in the Front Office. Your Attendance Clerk is Chrissy Flores.
General FBISD Attendance policies and procedures can be found in the FBISD Student/Parent Handbook. Keep in mind that excuse notes can be submitted in the following ways:
- Hardcopy notes can be dropped off at the Attendance Counter on campus.
- Emails can be sent to AttendanceMHS@fortbendisd.com.
- Fax can be sent to 281-327-6761.
All Day Absences
When a student misses one or more days of school due to illness or personal reasons he/she will bring an excuse note to the Attendance Office upon their return to school. Please provide a specific reason for absences. Personal or family emergency is not an excused absence and will be marked unexcused.
1. The absence is excused only if a note is received in the Attendance Office within five (5) days of the student’s return to school.
2. If a note is not received within five (5) days the absence will be coded Unexcused, a discipline consequence can be assessed which could include truancy charges.
3. If a student misses half of a class, they are considered absent for that class.
4. A student who has had surgery or been hospitalized should provide a physician signed release to return to school. The form should contain any restrictions or limitation regarding the student’s physical functioning capacity while in attendance at school.
Arriving Late to School
1. Students arriving at school after 7:30 should report to the Attendance Office.
2. Students arriving at school after 7:50 have missed half of 1st period and are marked absent for period 1.
3. Students will not be allowed to repeatedly interrupt 1st period class due to their late arrival to school. A student who is repeatedly tardy to period 1 may be subject to truancy consequences.
4. Students arriving 20 minutes late to any class period throughout the day will be counted absent.
Leaving School Early
Students may leave school early for the following reasons:
· Dental or doctor’s appointment
· A reason excused by any of the principals
Students must adhere to the following procedures:
· The student must present his/her note to the Attendance Office prior to first period. Any student leaving school for any reason must check out at the attendance office or clinic if ill. Failure to do so will result in disciplinary action.
When you know in advance that you will need to be absent, it is to your educational advantage to talk to your teachers and arrange to get your assignments ahead of time. Notes for preplanned absences should be sent to the Assistant Principal at least three school days before the absences occur to determine if the absences will be excused.Thank You,
Direct Fax: (281) 634-6650
Phone: (281) 634-6761