Fort Bend ISD and Briargate are currently preparing asynchronous sessions for parents to better prepare for assisting their child's online learning. Attached is a flyer detailing the times and links to those classes.
Information is also provided on the district website at: https://www.fortbendisd.com/Page/125580
Here is our laptop support link - https://youtu.be/A79WNvCHqxQ
Synchronous vs Asynchronous
Fort Bend ISD will begin the 2020-21 School Year 100% online with limited exceptions. Students served with special education services will launch with face-to-face instruction based on ARD committee decisions. During the period of online learning, students will be required to participate in synchronous and aysnchronous learning.
Remote Synchronous Instruction is two-way, real-time/live, virtual instruction between teachers and students when students are not on campus.
Synchronous Instruction will include:
- Explicit teaching & modeling of concepts
- Collaborative activities
- Formative Assessment & Progress Monitoring
- Conferring with students and small group instruction
Remote Asynchronous Instruction is instruction that does not require having the instructors and students engaged at the same time.
Asynchronous Instruction will include:
- Student practice and creation of content
- Student collaboration & feedback with peers using digital tools
- Opportunities for students to demonstrate understanding
- Student self-assessment and goal setting
At this time, we here at Briargate do not know how long online instruction will continue, but you can trust that systems will be in place to provide a robust online program with both synchronous and asynchronous learning.
Starting school online will allow our staff here at BGE, to refine the established health and safety protocols before introducing students back into the building. It will also provide the opportunity for staff and students to learn and master online learning tools, which will make any swift transition to online learning easier if it becomes necessary to close a classroom or school due to COVID-19. These details of our online instructional schedules are shared in the provided documents below.
BGE Online Schedules
2018 Bond @ BGE
November 6, 2018
2018 Bond Total: $992.6 million
Total amount allocated for Briargate Elementary: $7,502,400*
BGE Bond Projects include:
- Site drainage improvements
Building Systems / Life-Cycle
- Structural repair
- New roofing
- New floor tile/carpeting
- Exterior waterproofing and repair
- Glass block windows
- Permanent interior walls
- New heating & air conditioning equipment
- Plumbing and site utility improvements
- Electrical upgrades and surge protection
- improved acoustics at cafeteria and gymnasiums
Life Safety & Security
- New room and way-finding signage
- New fire alarm system
- New security alarm system
- New carbon monoxide monitoring system
Facility Equity & Access
- Classroom furniture
- Restroom renovations
- Kitchen renovation and expansion
- Playground equipment
- Drinking fountains with bottle filler
*This amount includes costs associated with architectural, engineering, financing, and legal fees, and other pre- and post-construction expenses.
For more information, visit www.fortbendisd.com/bond