All About Excused Absences
Source: Fort Bend ISD Parent/Student Handbook
When is an absence excused?
- FBISD extracurricular activities
- Illness and medical appointments
- Required court appearances
- Religious holy days
- Activities relating to obtaining United States citizenship
- College visits for high school junior and senior (up to two days)
Submitting an Excuse Note
- Notes must be turned in no later than five days upon returning to school.
- Notes should be given to the school's Attendance Clerk. Email messages are acceptable.
- Keep copies of all correspondence.
- Contact the Attendance Clerk or Assistant Principal if you feel any of your child's absences are incorrect.
- A medical note can be scanned and emailed directly to the campus Attendance Clerk.