When is an absence excused?
- FBISD extracurricular activities
- Illness and medical appointments
- Required court appearances
- Religious holy days
- Activities related to obtaining United States citizenship
- College visits for high school junior and senior (up to two days)
Submitting an Excuse Note
- Notes must be turned in no later than five days upon returning to school.
- Notes should be given to the school’s Attendance Clerk. Email messages are acceptable to AttendanceJSES@Fortbendisd.com
- Keep copies of all correspondence.
- Contact the Attendance Clerk or Assistant Principal if you feel any of your child’s absences are incorrect.
- A medical note can be scanned and emailed directly to the campus Attendance Clerk.
Sample Excuse Note
To Whom it May Concern,
Please excuse (Student’s name and ID#) from school on (Date of
Absence). Give detailed reason for absence.
(Parent’s contact phone number)
Excuse notes should always include:
Student’s full name
Student’s ID number
Date(s) of absence
Reason for absence
Parent contact information