My name is Shanna Carew and I am in the school counselor for the Early Literacy Center.
I taught kindergarten for two years at Alief ISD and first grade for two years at Fort Bend ISD. Last year, I had the pleasure of working as a school counselor in Alaska, where I commuted monthly to five village schools providing academic and social-emotional support for K-12 students. I had an amazing year in Alaska but I am very happy to be back home working in Fort Bend ISD.
- As a Professional School Counselor, I will be providing Comprehensive Developmental Guidance Programs and services for all students in the areas of:
- Guidance Curriculum - In an effort to help students develop competence in essential life skills
- Responsive Services - Provide intervention for immediate personal/social/emotional concerns
- Individual Planning - Provide guidance to help students manage their personal and educational goals.
- System Support - Support campus staff, parents, and community to promote the educational, career, personal, and social development of students, as well as the Developmental Guidance Program