Welcome! My name is Julia Mejicanos, I am the Parent Educator (PE) at Mission Bend Elementary. My role as the PE is to equip parents with vital information and educational tools to help them become more effectively involved in the education and lives of their children. Below is a list of some of the classes and programs in which you are invited to participate this school year. If you are interested in attending a class or need any parent support, please feel free to reach out to me. I look forward to meeting you!
- Parent Workshops: FBISD Policies – Truancy, Family Access, Effective Parent Conferences, Test Anxiety & State Testing, Health & Nutrition, How to Have a Conversation, Learning Activities at Home, College Readiness, and more!
- HIS – Heroes in Schools
- FRED – Families Reading Every Day
- PAC – Parent Advisory Committee (need 4-5 parents)
- CBLT – Campus Based Leadership Team (need 2 parents)
Transitioning Program: Transitioning On to Middle School (XLR8) – For Parents of 5th Graders.
- English Language Learners (ELL) Program
- Parent Support
- Watch D.O.G.S