- Attendance is taken at 10:00 a.m. each day.
- In accordance with the state law, a student is either present or absent for the entire day at the 10:00 a.m. attendance bell. Senate Bill 1 allows students to be counted present if they are with a health care professional at 10:00 a.m. and return to school later that day with a note from the doctor.
- When a student is absent he/she must bring a written excuse within 5 days of the absence. An absence will be unexcused if a note is not brought to school within these 5 days. The letter should include the full name of the student, date(s) of absence, reason for absence, teacher’s name, grade level, and parent signature.
- Notes may be sent to the classroom teacher, given to the front office, or emailed directly to the attendance clerk at email@example.com
- After 3 unexcused absences, students will receive a letter from the FBISD truancy officer. After 5 unexcused absences, parents will receive a citation from the truancy officer. Excessive absences could result in retention.
Excused absences include:
- death in the family,
- approved religious holidays, and verified court appearance
Students are allowed to make up work for these absences; students have a number of days to make up work equal to the number of excused absence days.