National Honors Society
Students from fourth and fifth grade were selected based on their yearly report card averages (4 A’s and 2 B’s or 3 A’s and 3 B’s) to participate in the Armstrong Elementary Honor Society. The emphasis of the club derived from the student selection is to continue to emphasize high academic standards for all students at the school. In addition, the students will demonstrate responsibility by achieving one or more service projects during the school year.
Our goal is to provide students with an opportunity to see the value in striving to succeed academically, while encouraging them to serve others in their school community.
To qualify for an invitation to become a member of NEHS potential members must:
- Must maintain a cumulative, overall middle school average of 85.0% in ALL courses with numerical grades and have no failing final grades in any courses.
- Must have been enrolled at the school for at least one full semester.
- Must abide by SCHOO NAME ES NEHS Chapter By-Laws.
- Must demonstrate sound and effective leadership, admirable citizenship, and trustworthy character at SCHOOL NAME and in the community.
- Must pay the chapter dues of $amt prior to your induction (after acceptance into NEHS).
- Must participate in and have transportation to any NEHS Chapter community service projects.
Students will be invited to apply to NEHS during the months of March or April if they meet the criteria as outlined within the four NEHS pillars: Scholastic, Responsibility, Service and Character