All FBISD families are encouraged to apply
FORT BEND ISD (August 1, 2022) – The application period for Fort Bend ISD’s Free and Reduced-Price Meal program is now open. Families can complete the application online at www.schoolcafe.com/fbisd. Student meals will be available for purchase this school year, but students who qualify may receive breakfast and lunch meals at little or no cost.
As a reminder, meal prices will be as followed in the 2022-23 school year:
- Student Breakfast - $2.00
- Elementary Lunch - $2.75
- Secondary Lunch - $3.00
Completing the Free and Reduced-Price Meal application may result in additional benefits for students and families, including reduced fees and tuition for Extended Learning programs, Career and Technical Education (CTE) courses, and athletics programs. Visit the FBISD Child Nutrition webpage to learn about additional benefits.
Only one application needs to be completed for each household, and Fort Bend ISD will begin distributing letters about eligibility on August 10.
To apply, parents will need to have the following information:
- Names of all household members
- Amount, frequency and source of current income for each household member
- Last four digits of the parent’s or guardian’s social security number
- Signature of an adult household member attesting that the information provided is correct
Families may apply at any time during the school year, should their household circumstances change, including the loss of a job, a decrease in household income or an increase in household size.
The District uses the following criteria to determine a family’s eligibility:
- Household income that is at or below the income eligibility levels,
- Households receiving Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) or Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservation (FDPIR), or
- Children who are in foster care, homeless, a runaway, migrant farm worker or displaced by a declared disaster, or enrolled in Head Start.