Kindergarten Registration dates set for 2017-18 school year (3/10/2017)
FORT BEND ISD (March 10, 2017) – Kindergarten registration dates for the 2017-18 school year have been set for Fort Bend ISD elementary schools. Beginning Monday, April 3, parents of eligible kindergarten students can begin the first step of the enrollment process using the new student online registration. Parents are able to complete step one from their home computer, mobile device, a public library computer or a computer that will be made available at the campus. To access the new student online registration system, parents will need to have an email address to quickly create the account.
After completing online registration, parents must contact their zoned campus to set an appointment to complete the enrollment process. All enrollment appointments will be held throughout the week of April 10-13 during elementary school hours (8:10 a.m. to 3:25 p.m.). As a convenience to parents and guardians, evening appointments will also be available on Tuesday, April 11 from 5:00 p.m. until 7:00 p.m. In order to ensure adequate staffing, resources and student placement, it is imperative that parents register their kindergarten student during this enrollment window timeframe.
To register for kindergarten, a child must be five (5) years of age on or before September 1. Parents must bring the following required documents to register their child:
· Child’s birth certificate or its equivalent
· Immunization records
· Social Security card (If unavailable, a state ID number will be assigned)
· Proof of residence, including a deed, lease or mortgage agreement
· A current utility bill (gas, water or electric)
· A government issued photo ID of the student’s parent or guardian, which provides their FBISD address (Current TX Driver’s License/ID Card)
· Leonetti Elementary – Registration will take place at Ridge Point High School (500 Waters Lake Blvd., Missouri City, TX 77459) For more information or to make an appointment, call 281-327-3198.
· Neill Elementary – Register at Bowie Middle School (700 Plantation Drive, Richmond, TX 77406). For more information or to make an appointment, call 281-327-3760.
· Patterson Elementary – Register at Crockett Middle School (19001 Beechnut, Richmond, TX 77407). For more information or to make an appointment, call 281-327-4270.
For more information regarding kindergarten registration, contact the school in which your child will enroll. If you would like to verify attendance boundaries for your home address, please use the “Let’s Talk” feature located on the District’s website, using the “Attendance Boundaries” interest area. Be sure to include your name, address, and the grade your child(ren) will enter at the start of the 2017-18 school year.